• 2019-01-11 NWIL Trail Wayfinding and Signage Guidebook RFP (January 11 to February 15, 2019)
Question 1: Can you provide any information about the anticipated budget for the project? Estimated total cost is discussed in Section 4.2. of the RFP. We ask respondents to quote each trail listed under the “Specific Placement on Selected Trails” (Section 2.4.) separately. Trails or portions of trails may be omitted from the Guidebook Project if required for budgetary or other reasons.
Question 2: Is BHRC willing to treat the design of the wayfinding signage and the guidebook as separate projects from the planning and logistics of the sign placements and government restrictions?
BHRC will accept proposals from respondents that use subcontractors for signage and guidebook design or vice-versa; however, BHRC prefers solutions from a single source with ample planning and design experience, with particular preference for the former.
Question 3: Is the guidebook aimed at landowners/operators or users?
The guidebook is aimed at landowners/operators.
Question 4: Regarding 1.3, “Specific Placement on Selected Trails” – is it right to interpret this item as a roll-out design for the three named trails? Are you looking for design fees only and not any fabrication/install costs?
It is right to interpret this item as a roll-out design for each of the three named trails. BHRC is seeking both design and fabrication/install cost estimates.
Question 5: How many public engagement meetings do you anticipate? May the meetings be held on one day?
We are open to various approaches, as long as there is sufficient public engagement for the general design/planning guidelines and design/planning for specific trails.
Question 6: What do you anticipate the $40,000 covering?
Our desire is that the stated amount covers general design/planning guidelines and design/planning for specific trails identified, including estimates for fabrication/installation (not actual fabrication/installation materials, labor, etc.).
Question 7: Can you comment on quoting this project?
We prefer that the general design/planning guidelines and design/planning for specific trails identified be quoted separately (at least four identifiable costs in total).
• 2020-09 Northwest Illinois Trails – Wayfinding Sign Guide PC – posted September 28, 2020 *Send your comments to daniel.payette [at] blackhawkhills.com
• 2019-2024 CEDS – posted April 30, 2019
• Regional Planner (September 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022) – posted August 4, 2020, updated August 5, 2020
*Send your response and resume to daniel.payette [at] blackhawkhills.com.
• Temporary Complete Count Coordinator (spring 2020) – posted…
• Temporary Assistant GIS Mapping Specialist (summer 2019) – posted February 4 to February 18, 2019
• Temporary Project Coordinator – Trails (summer 2019) – posted February 21 to March 7, 2019