BHRC assists community and county organizations with various types of Federal, State, and private grants for project funding. The staff can aid in the organization and development of a project and help locate available grant funding sources. Please visit the following categories for a list of current public and private funding opportunities.
Ongoing and/or Current Funding Opportunities
- Emergency Services and Criminal Justice
- Energy Efficiency
- Libraries and Schools
- Natural Resource Conservation
- Housing & Public/Community Infrastructure
What can BHRC do for you?
BHRC can assist in seeking out grant opportunities that may be appropriate for a specific project. The staff can provide preliminary grant application and/or final grant application writing services. BHRC can assist in the coordination of other funding options such as special low interest loans, local cash match, and in-kind contributions that could be directly related to the grant application and project process. It should be noted that local financial support will be needed as a match to federal and/or state grant application requests. The staff of Blackhawk Hills can also assist in the administration of the grant after it has been approved and the project has been funded.
What does the community or county need?
The community or county organization needs to have a written plan. This plan should be widely supported by the community or county as a whole, addressing the needs and priorities. From the plan, a specific project or projects can be highlighted and consideration for grant and other funding can begin. A project Scope of Work, Needs Assessment, Engineering & Design Work, and Project Time Frame, among other considerations, will need to be coordinated as part of the grant writing process.
Grant Funding Organizations
- US Department of Commerce – Economic Development Administration (EDA)
- US Department of Agriculture – Rural Development (USDA)
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO)
- Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT)
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR)
Some Project Examples
- Infrastructure Improvements such as, water, sewer, waste water treatment, and roads
- Industrial and Business Expansion
- New Industrial and Business Development
- Housing and Recreation
- Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
- Greenways and Trails Planning
- Open Land Preservation
- Watershed Protection