Sauk Valley Community College (SVCC) Center for Small Business Development (CSBD) opened in February. Services provided include one-to-one small business counseling, workshops, and seminars, partnership development to help improve the small business and entrepreneurship culture of the region, and the development of local, regional, and state resources to help small business communities.
The Center was made possible by a partnership between SVCC and the cities of Dixon, Rock Falls, and Sterling, Lee and Whiteside Counties, and Community State Bank, First National Bank in Amboy, Sauk Valley Bank, Sterling Federal Bank, and Triumph Community Bank.
The CSBD will be a hosting a First Steps Workshop on April 20, 2016, at 5:30 PM at the Odell Public Library in Morrison, IL. Workshop topics include:
• CSBD Services – Become familiar with what is offered and what is available throughout the state and nation.
• Feasibility – Evaluate your idea.
• Legal Structures – Determine which structure is right for you.
• Registration & Licensing – Review state and local rules, regulations, and licensing requirements.
• Business Plan Basics – Find out what goes into a business plan.
For more information on the CSBD click here or contact David Buchen, CSBD Executive Director, at 815-835-6248.